The existing traffic and parking facilities (more than 561 on-site parking stalls in immediate proximity to the field) will accommodate the proposed amendments, as guided by the adopted Traffic Management Plan. The traffic management plan and operation of the campus has hosted events exceeding the capacity of the field with examples ranging from Graduation to College Events without issue. Initial conversations with the Traffic Engineering Department indicate that the shift in game start time later in the evening will benefit overall neighborhood traffic as it will avoid peak commuter traffic time on Monroe Street.
Traffic & Parking Conditions
Edgewood has added the following conditions based on feedback from the neighborhood to help eliminate potential issues:
1. The Woodrow Street entrance will not be used for events in the complex.
2. Edgewood will distribute parking and circulation maps to all visiting schools stressing use of Edgewood College Drive for access and parking on-site.
3. The main entrance will feature a permanent large-scale parking & circulation map illustrating the location of on-site parking & access while discouraging parking within the neighborhood and detailing the parking restrictions on Monroe Street.
4. Parking attendants will be used on site to communicate and execute the parking & circulation plan, including posting signage along Monroe Street/Woodrow Street to direct traffic to Edgewood College Drive, and directing parking on-site.
5. The existing pedestrian entrance along Edgewood College Drive will be maintained as the only non-emergency point of access to the facility.